Three ways to help
You can help the Food Pantry either by volunteering regularly, helping with a special project or organizing a food drive. Whichever you choose, your community thanks you. Learn more about each of these opportunities below.
1) Join us regularly
Do you want to assist those who have fallen on difficult times and are struggling to put food on the table? Are you interested in helping to provide better nutrition to children, parents, and elderly neighbors faced with food insecurity? Join our team of 80+ volunteers who are making an impact in the lives of people struggling with hunger. We will work with you on placement, time, days and frequency based on current openings.
- Frequency: weekly, monthly, bi-weekly, substitute
- Shifts available: two or three hours
- Types of positions available: packing orders, stocking shelves, receptionists, receiving weekly food shipment, cleaning, organizing clothes, library committee
2) Help with a special event or project
Make a difference by helping out with a special project or event. Picture a smiling family as you distribute a turkey on Thanksgiving or a grateful child receiving a birthday bag that you assembled. You can also assist with one of our annual fundraisers. Here are some of the many opportunities:
- Homeless Project
- Dayspring Project
- Birthday Bags
- Thanksgiving Distribution
- Fundraising events
3) Create a food drive or special event
We welcome collections led by individuals, local businesses, schools and organizations. Here are some examples of ways you can assist:
- Raise money at your workplace, business or school
- Collect non-perishable food items—either assorted items or focus on one food such as a tuna drive
- Collect items for the Homeless Project
- Collect blankets or coats for the winter months
- Collect baby food and diapers
Note to Corning Employees: For every 10 hours of volunteer work, the Corning Foundation will donate a $150 cash grant to Corning Community Food Pantry. Check out Dollars for Doers for more information.