Are you going through a difficult time financially and in need of our services? We are here to assist you.
Food to fill in the gap
No matter what the cause, if you are struggling to put food on the table, we will provide nutritious groceries. You may visit us once a month to receive enough food for approximately five to seven days. Nutritious items may include: grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, meats and non-meat proteins, as well as fats, oils and sweets (all subject to availability). If an emergency situation develops, you may revisit a second time during the month. Depending on your emergency situation, the executive director can extend this number of visits.
If you are eligible but not already participating in the food stamp program known as SNAP, we will provide guidance. There are also other food pantries and local mobile food pantries that we can tell you about.
Even more support
We offer some other services to help meet your needs.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension food demonstrations- Every Tuesday, you can receive cooking instructions, recipe directions, health and nutrition information, as well as samples to taste.
- Featured recipes- Handouts of new recipes are available to bring home and use.
- Clothing closet- You can select needed clothing items from our small inventory.
- Lending library-Books for all ages can be read in the waiting area or borrowed for home use from our little library.
- Diapers and personal care items-These items are available upon request.
- Healthy food shelves- A limited supply of special foods help accommodate specific dietary needs, such as reduced sodium
- Essential needs bags for girls or women–At specific times throughout the year, bags are available to help promote healthy personal habits and proper grooming with items such as: soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, pads and toilet paper.
- Community health navigator–Available at the pantry every Monday (9:00 to noon) and Wednesday (10:00 to 2:00).
- Thanksgiving meals- If you qualify, every November, we provide the fixings for a holiday dinner for you to cook.
We have moved!
We are open at our new location and have resumed our usual hours of operation (listed at the bottom of this page).
11715 East Corning Road (Route 352)
Between Corning Country Club and Crystal Lanes
Look for our blue and white sign.
The new site is on CEATS Bus Route 2. Bus tokens, when possible, will be available for those who need to use the bus.
How to Get Started
If you need food or other items, stop by during our normal hours of operation. There’s no need to call ahead. Enter through the front door and go to the greeter’s desk. You will be asked to fill out a form, and then sit in the waiting room until your name is called. We respect your privacy and will keep your information confidential.
You can receive food on your first visit. The amount received depends on the number of people in your household. We are a client choice agency, so you will be able to select your own food from available items.